Careers at Aloha Green Apothecary
We are looking for competent, experienced, and passionate individuals interested in joining the Aloha Green team. Right now, we are specifically looking to fill the roles listed below, but reach out to us anyway if you feel that you can be an asset to our company outside of those areas. We keep all resumes on file and frequently review them when positions open up. We have contacted individuals many months after receiving a resume when the right position becomes available.
While we are an equal opportunity employer, we hire locally and only consider applicants who currently live in Honolulu, Hawaii. Aloha Green Apothecary does not offer relocation services or compensation. Military veterans and spouses, individuals who identify as LGBTQ, minorities, and women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume (PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with some information about yourself. Let us know why you'd be a great addition to our team!
Who are you? Why do you want to join Aloha Green? Do you have a particularly amazing talent that can be great for our company? Help us get to know you. We understand that not everyone applying will have experience in the medical cannabis industry, especially since we are looking to hire locally. We care more about how well you’ll fit with our company and the industry.
LAST UPDATED: October 18, 2018
Security Force (full & part-time)
- Valid driver’s license required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- Graduate of a certified federal, state, or local law enforcement training academy, a military police school, or a bonafide military school;
OR 15+ years of verifiable federal, state, local law enforcement, or military police experience
OR 5+ years of verifiable active duty military service, including special forces experience
OR 5+ years of significant verifiable experience in a related field
Have significant law enforcement and/or military experience under your belt? We’re building a security force to perform transportation duties and to support operations at both our production facility and dispensary.
Like to get your hands dirty and got a heart for sustainability? We’ve been looking for you! For many of the positions, experience with the cannabis plant is not required (but highly preferred).
Access to a personal vehicle is REQUIRED - we need candidates with reliable transportation to the production facility, which is near the North Shore.
Custodial/Janitorial Lead (full & part-time)
- Commercial experience required
- Ability to clean, sanitize, organize to strict laboratory standards
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Reliability, consistency, thorough execution and attention to detail are musts
Maintenance/Facility Lead (full & part-time)
- Ability to detect, assess, repair various types of equipment with little to no supervision
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Light plumbing, electrical, repair work
- Reliable and takes initiative
Inventory and Logistics (full-time)
- 2+ years experience with inventory and logistics management
- Proficiency in BioTrack preferred
- Radical attentional detail required
Grow Hand (full & part-time)
- Cannabis plant experience preferred
- Greenhouse experience highly preferred
- Organic grow experience preferred
Receptionist (full & part-time)
- Customer service experience required
- Multitasking and time-management skills a must
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficiency in Office 365 programs
We are looking for individuals with exceptional customer service skills and compassion to join our dispensary team. If you’ve got great attention to detail, love helping others, and are excited to learn about how medical cannabis can help patients, shoot us an email!
Junior Designer (full-time)
- Proficiency in Adobe programs
- Interest and knowledge in UI/UX design
- Experience with printed collateral
- Only candidates with a portfolio of work will be considered (even if you don’t have a lot! Show us what you got!)
Social Media Content Lead (part-time)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Strong interest in cannabis education
- Photography and editing experience preferred
- Required writing assignment will be provided
IT/Networking Lead (full-time)
- Proficiency in Office 365 and Windows programs
- Experience in software/hardware troubleshooting
- Interest in data science a plus (but not required)
Help our company run like the well-oiled machine it is! No cannabis experience is required - but reliability, passion, and ability to get things done are definite musts.
All candidates MUST be local Honolulu residents (even for the work that you might think could be done remotely - we NEED our team members physically here.)
Note: Due to the high volume of job inquiries, we can't respond to everyone looking for a position. Someone on our team will contact you ONLY if your background and experience meets our requirements and we are interested in learning more about you. Please do not request status updates or follow up on your job application if you haven't been contacted by Aloha Green Apothecary. Thanks for your understanding and interest. We're working hard to find the right people to be part of our team.
Hawaii Department of Health regulations require all employees of any dispensary in Hawaii be at least 21 years old without any felony convictions and to undergo a thorough federal criminal background and fingerprint check.